Last year we were truly blessed with all that came our
way. I’m hoping that this year brings as
much joy and excitement as well. I think
the highlight of this year will be getting sealed to one another! The cancellation letter was a doozy getting
done and turned in. It seemed like one
thing happened after another of meeting with the Bishop to hand it over. It was almost comical with how each week
something would come up and we would have to reschedule. The last attempt to meet with him happened to
be the Sunday before Lilly was born. Sure
enough, that little girl wanted to come and she wasn’t going to let my meeting
with the Bishop get in the way. So
again, another two weeks went by.
I’m glad to say that the letter was finally submitted and
all the paper work was turned in. I’m
grateful that when I handed in my letter, the Bishop already had the other
parties as well. It was a slight relief
knowing they were waiting on mine, not his.
Now it’s just a waiting game. I
am so grateful that we went ahead and got married without waiting for the
cancellation to go through. It’s a long
and hard process that I’m sure people don’t realize or expect it to be.
The hardest part is knowing that we are not sealed right
now; not because of our actions or our choices. (Well, it was our choice not to wait on the
cancellation.) More than
anything we want to be married for eternity and have those blessing in our
marriage. It’s been a hard process
waiting. Waiting is hard when you have
to rely on so many others to get the work done.
It’s hard not knowing where things are at and how long it will
take. I guess this is where our faith
comes in.
I know in my heart that we did the right thing. We prayed about waiting and spoke with our
Bishop but it didn’t feel right for whatever reason. Maybe Lilly was that reason. She sure is a patient baby now… but not when
it came to her coming to our family! She
came a lot sooner then we planned! If we
could go back, I wouldn’t change a thing.
It’s been the best year of my life! Knowing now, that not only will JC
and I kneel across the alter, but we will have our beautiful daughter with us
as well, is an incredible feeling.
One of my moms (I have a few) explained to me the day
that they had their son sealed to their family.
The spirit I felt when she spoke of that moment was unreal. It was the strength and love I needed to feel
at that moment for our similar situation. It's one thing knowing your future children will be sealed to you the moment they make it to earth, but what an experience it will be to actually have Lilly there with us. We are all so anxious for that day to come!
Well, it’s that time again for school to start! I shouldn’t complain since we had an awesome 3 weeks together without school. The holiday break was fantastic! I loved spending endless hours with JC and going to do fun filled activities together.
Late nights watching movies.
Enjoying breakfast, lunch and dinner together.
Family Parties.
Going sledding followed by the Melting Pot! LOVE date days!
And simply being with one another!
To kick off the upcoming semester we went to Zupas and the Hobbit on Saturday. JC is still at Westminster and working at eBay. He just received a promotion at work which changed his work hours so a couple nights a week he only works until about 6:00 or 4:30. He is such a hard worker and I’m so proud of all the accomplishment he is continually getting!
No comments:
Post a Comment