Our parents found out about our little gummy bear the same day we did. Although... we made our parents keep the secret until we were good and ready to tell the rest of the family. My family has Second Sunday Supper once a month. It's the day my mom has claimed as hers to get the family together. So every Second Sunday... we have family dinner. That would be the perfect day to tell my family since they would already be together and it wouldn't be suspecious asking people over for dinner.
When we first arrived we carried on as normal. Visited, had dinner, cleaned up the kitchen and started to prepare dessert. To make sure we included Wallie in- I got him a shirt that said, "I'm going to be a big brother!" So I took Wallie down stairs to prep him for his big moment. He was so excited!
We headed back upstairs and didn't say anything. Wallie did his part by acting normal while running around, sniffing for food, and tackling Maylee. It wasn't long before he was around Jason's feet and Jason did a double take at what Wallie was wearing. He looked at JC and asked if we were getting another dog. JC said no... and then Jason looked back at Wallie. He picked him up and held him in front of him to get a better look at his shirt - Then Lindsay got distracted by what was happening and her mouth instantly dropped open! It was definitely classic to watch everyones face as they saw what Wallie was wearing. If I was thinking better... I would of had a camera ready for everyones reaction!
When we told JC's family- it was a perfect set up as well. We were celebrating his birthday! We visit and had dinner and then it was gift time. JC opened his first gift and then opened his second. The second one was a bag of newborn diapers! The kids kind of sat there for a minute confused and then asked if this was an annoucement. Haha! I don't think they were expecting diapers as a gift... but neither were we!
What a joy to be able to have our families {and now friends} know of this exciting news! It's making it an easier process with the support of everyone and their excitiment rubbing off on us.



How fun! I'm so excited for you guys! You'll be such a good Mom, Jenna!
ReplyDelete