Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Four Agreements



My friend Bonnie turned me on to the book, The Four Agreements.


She read me only a few pages and I was instantly hooked on what this little book has to offer.  I HIGHLY recommend everyone to read it- it's short, simple, and so powerful!

From the time she read me a few pages to the time I got the book myself, I had already been applying the concepts into my daily life and feeling rejuvenated in how I think about others and myself.  That sounds corny- but it seriously makes you think so differently before you open your mouth, or even think.  I'm grateful Bonnie introduced me to this book, especially when she did!

The Four Agreements, talks about just that.  Four Agreements you should make with yourself:


1.  Be Impeccable With Your Word
2.  Don't Take Anything Personally
3.  Don't Make Assumptions
4.  Always Do Your Best

Sounds simple, right?  It really is.  But then again, I know we all have a hard time... with number two especially!  My next few post I will go over each agreement- I don't want to give it all away, in hopes that you'll read it yourself.  I hope it makes such an impact on you- as it has on me! 

If anyone wants to borrow it- let me know!  But I do think, it's one of those books you should have on stand by... for a refresh!

1 comment: