I think I got a big reality check this past week. It seems like yesterday I was dancing six hours a day, eating Spicey McChicken sandwhiches every other night after a performance and had the endurance of a five year old.
Now I'm sitting here on a couch, in sweats, a sore body, and Icy Hot on the ol' knee!
Thursday night I got talked into going to a dance class with my old drill team bestie. I'm glad to announce that I lived through it and absolutely LOVED it! It was so great to be back in the dance mode. Although, I didn't look nearly as good as I once did... but still impressed myself for being rusty.
The class is a bunch of adults who once danced and are coming out of retirement. They have a competition team and I'm very tempted to join in. That would add a little excitement to my life! We started a lyrical routine to the song, Jar of Hearts, and love it so far! Don't worry, it's low impact (so far) so the knee will do just fine.
Friday morning Chelsie and I met up at Gold's and spent a good hour humiliating ourselves in the aerobic room trying to do fouettes and pulling out the ol' dance tricks we once could do. It was a lot of fun. It's funny how easily you can loose your skills if you don't use them! We'll get them back though!
On a side note, in case your wondering, the new dance shoe that is very popular is called "Foot Undeez." I showed up Thursday with my "Old School" gore boot and felt very old fashioned! Haha! So I'm going to have to upgrade and get myself some Foot Undeez.
{The Gore Boot}
{The Foot Undeez}
{Yes, they look like panties! haha!}
Saturday mornings I'm doing my friends spinning class at Gold's. Usually after her class I use her trainer skills and have her kill me and we do weights together. I tell her I want the "Bonnie Body"- that's my fitness goal! Today after spinning, we did our weights and then headed over to Acadamy West where they were having an open house and Bonnie was doing a demo for the class she teaches on Tuesday nights for the moms of the students. So there went another 30 minutes of toning. After that we got talked into doing the Zumba class.
Have you done Zumba?
Holy Smokes! I got so sweaty and it kind of kills you. It was so much fun though! The instructor was so much fun and just kept showing us more and more of the routines she does- so I think we did almost two hours of it!
Today was a lot of fun- but a lot of activity and now I'm recovering in my sweats, with an Icy Hot 'back' patch on my knee. It feels glorious and I can't believe I never thought of this before!
I hope you all are having a wonderful day. Just thought I'd share with you that I feel old tonight.. had to get it out there in case you see me and I'm walking hunched over with a limp. :o)

hey! my friend is in that dance class and keeps telling me i should join!!! that's so funny that you and chelsie went! we should get together sometime :D
ReplyDeleteHey I'm the Heather's friend that's in the class haha! Yeah I can't get her to join the class dang it ;) haha! Had I known you were friends I would have said something!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about the gore boots! You made me feel better since I couldn't find my foot undies! Hopefully I can find them before class this week!
Cute! I want some of those pink undies :) ha ha I really think they are cute!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the dance class was fun! I'm sad I missed out! Is it only taught Thursday night? And Zumba, I really want to try it out. You'll have to tell me what nights they have available! So fun that your dancing again I'm totally jealous that's a much more fun workout than the gym =]