The old saying from my dad...
"I'm going to see a man about a horse."
Finally came true! I have heard him say that since I was little and never did we end up going to see a horse... let alone a man with a horse!
For some reason I have always wanted to go horseback riding. For Christmas that's what I wanted as my gift this year. However, I got a camera... to document the riding lessons I did not get. Disappointed, a little. But it worked out great!!
Turns out my dad works with a "Brother" at the temple and he owns horses, so does his son and daughter. My dad got talking to him and asked how much he'd charge for lessons..... FREE!
So Troy says, maybe we should switch horses... this guy wont run unless you tell him. Roger, the brown horse was sweet. We walked around a bit, went in circles a lot, stood still a lot, and even trotted a bit.
It was such a fun experience! Definitely wasn't a 'lesson' and I was a little nervous since I pretty much jumped on the horse and was told to have fun with little instruction on how to make the horse move. There was one point where Roger was about to walk into another guy and I apologized saying, "Sorry! I'm a first time driver!"
I can't complain though when it was free and he said I could come as often as I'd like. Hopefully I can get the hang of it and start my barrel racing in a couple weeks. ;o)
No comments:
Post a Comment