Friday, February 25, 2011

Happy Birthday!!

This morning I woke up and instantly had a smile on my face. Just the fact that I made it another year in this world is satisfying enough.

I did my usual routine of hitting the snooze a few times, finally getting my little eyes to open, starting where I left off in the Book of Mormon, rolling- literally- rolling out of bed, and then... turned on my most recent “Pump up Jenna” song:

Katy Perry: Firework

I love this song and I feel that it relates so well right now.

I find that the lyrics of songs often have the most compatible meaning to how I'm feeling. You can relate and agree to what the song is talking about. If your a girl.. I'm sure you give Taylor Swift a “You know it, girl!” a time or two whenever she comes on the radio. I know I do!

That's life- every one is different, but yet we all go through hard times, breakups, we hurt, we cry, we laugh, and have happy and amazing moments. You hear it in a song- it's going to impact you in one way or another!

So for now, out of the handful of songs that I can apply to my life- Firework is one of them. 1. I love the Fourth of July 2. I know I'm worth something 3. I truly believe that some doors were closed... so I can open one, that leads to the perfect road.

God doesn't give us anything we can't handle. Each day we learn and grow from the good and bad experiences and if we take whatever is thrown at us as a positive.. we can only improve and become more Christlike.

So when I hear this song- I know I need to be who I truly am, not be afraid of whats going to come and know that I can take whatever may come. It's all in your attitude. If you wake up and say, “Hey! You are amazing and this day is going to be awesome!” It will be.. It's all in how you make it.

And that's exactly what I did this morning!

My birthday was wonderful. I can honestly say it's the best one I've had in a few years. Last couple ones I felt forgotten by the one person who should have made me feel special. This year.. I felt so much love and like I was worth something from all of you! I've said it before and will say it again- I have the best friends and family!

Today I had many phone calls, texts, Facebook posts and emails saying happy birthday. I have to say that my brother, Jake, topped off the day with his rockin' birthday song! It was seriously awesome and I wish I could have recorded. But don't worry... I've requested it at my birthday dinner this weekend and {Hopefully} he does it and I can record it!

Well, you saw my Surprise Birthday Dinner post with my amazing friends and here are a few other surprises from the day!




This is my birthday gift from my parents!

 Favorite book!  If you haven't read it- you should!  
Rach spoiled me with these!

 And I ended the night doing what I love most... dancing! Our cute coach gave me a birthday sack with some goodies so it was the perfect ending to a wonderful day!


All I can say to all of you and your kindness is... 

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Jenna- It looks like you had an awesome birthday. Glad it will be a memorable one. Happy belated Birthday!

    Sylvia (Chels mom)

    ReplyDelete